Top 10 boollywood actress of 1990s
The era of 1990s was a colorful one and best cinematography with foreign locations especially, in the movies of yash chopra under the banner yash raj films. The actress were modern, self thinker and also, reflected basic and core values of Indian culture.
- Madhuri dixit – this Marathi girl with an evergreen smile earned herself a name of queen of bollywood. She did many hit movies like dil to pagal hai, saajan, hum apke hain koun, koyla, arjoo, raja, khalnayak with others. A trained dancer depicted her dance in choli ke piche kya hai, didi tera diwar deevana, ek do teen, mera piya ghar aaya, palki me hoke savar chali re she was nominated for most number of times as best actress in filmfare awards.
- Divya bhaarti – saat samunder paar actress died in an accident. But in short span she starred in vishwatmaa, shoal or shabnam, dil hi to hai and others. She has a lovely silver screen appearance. had she lived, she would be a great actress of the era.
- Kajol – she started her filmy carrer with bekhudi in 1992 at the age of 16. She was praised for dilwale dhulaniya le jayenge directed by aditya chopra. Her chemistry with king of bollywood, shahrukh khan is one of the hit pairs of bollywood. They worked together in kuch kuch hota hai, kabhi khusi kabhi gham , dilwale among others. Her comeback movie after marriage fanna was a big hit. She marriednn superstar ajay devgan and now, she is a proud mother of daughter nysa and son yug.
- Raveena tendon – the daughter of director ravi tandon and his wife veena tandon made her bollywood debut with the movie pathar ke phool which gave her the award of best debutant of the year. Mohra, dilwale, ziidi are some of her acclaimed movies. Satta and Maatr has made her a women centric role approach actor. She married film critic anil thadani. She is now a mother to daughter rasha and son ranbeervardhan.
- Juhi chwla – she won filmfare lux award for best face of the year with the movie qayamat se qayamat tak. Her pair with amir khan and sharkukh khan was a hit. Darr, yes boss, bol radha bol, ishq aere some of her hit movies. She married businessman jay Mehta and is a proid mother of a daughter jhanvi and son, Arjun.
- Shilpa shetty kundra – ashwini shetty, better known as shilpa shetty began her carrer with abbas – mustan directorial venture baazigar in 1992. Gambler, hatkhadi, dhadkan, pardesi babu are some of her hit movies. She married business raj kundra and is a doting mother of son Viaan.
- Karishma kapoor – jigar, anari, raja babu, biwi no 1 , hero no 1 etc made her no 1 actress of the era. The elegant daughter of yesteryear actress babita and randhir kapoor made her mark in the film industry. She won best film fare supporting actress for the movie dil to pagal hai in 2003.
- Manisha koiralaa – she is famous for her women oriented roles in movies like lajja etc. Bombay, dil se, khamoshi, akele hum akele tum are her some of the best movies.
- Sri devi kapoor – she was the replica of defining gorgeousness and elegancy. Lamhe, ladla, gumraah, chalbaaz, chandini, khuda gawah are her acclaimed movies. She won national award for best film actress for the movie mom posthumously.
- Urmila mantodkar – she denbut with chatmakr in 1992. Rangeela, satya, khubsurat, aflaain, pyar tune kya kiya are some of her movies. Her dance item chamma chaama from china gate and yaay re frim rangeela stile many hearts.